We know. Your father is the wisest person you know. And your role model. And that’s amazing! Sons look to their fathers to provide a feeling of security: both physical and emotional.
Fathers play a role in every child’s life - a role that cannot be filled by others. This role can have a huge impact on the child and help shape them into the person they become. But for us hunting enthusiasts, the bond we create with our fathers is even deeper and unique. They teach us to respect tradition and pass on valuable skills, while creating memories that last a lifetime. This is why we’ve gathered some of the most epic father-son hunting quotes.
The importance of dads spending time with their kids
Unlike girls, who model their relationships with others based on their mother’s character, boys model themselves after their father’s character. An involved father promotes inner growth and strength. Kids look to their fathers to lay down the rules and enforce them.
It is not news that kids learn from watching their fathers’ decisions and listening to logical explanations. A child also usually performs better in certain areas if his father takes an interest in his hobbies and education. Experts say that a father should spend at least 2 hours with his children on a daily basis - without distractions!
Father and sons that hunt together, stay together
Hunting is something that can be passed down from generation to generation. Dads can share hunting tips or favorite hunting grounds. It’s a time to work on the friendship between a father and a son and really get to know each other as individuals.
Hunting together can strengthen the father-son bond, making you feel closer by sharing something that others do not share. And the best part is that it all happens outdoors! You’ll get all the benefits of sunshine and fresh air while creating memories that will last.
Things you’ve probably heard your father say when hunting
Most likely, there’s a bunch of things your dad said when hunting. And of course, these are nothing less than words to live by. So, here you have it, a collection of our favorite “hunting with dad” quotes:
- “Kids don’t remember their best day of television”
- “Hunting is about the journey not the outcome”
- “Sometimes hunting is the only thing that makes sense”
- “My favorite part of hunting is seeing God’s handwork”
- “Be conscious of the energy you send out to the world”
- “The best men are hard to find… because they wear camouflage”
- “I am a hunter. And, when I feel the woods, I feel alive”
- “Take a stand for what you believe in and never back down”
- “You ain’t no buck without your doe”
- “I like hunting and maybe 3 people”
- “Every father should remember that one day his son will follow his example instead of his advice”
- “After all these years of hunting, your mother is still my best catch”
But there’s still a lot of work to be done when it comes to giving dads the tools they need to be good partners and parents. Luckily - this Father’s Day - we can help you thank him for always being there! Get 25% OFF our Night Vision Goggles. Use code DAD25 at checkout to claim the offer and enjoy the experiences that are yet to come!